Monday, June 22, 2009

Buffy Wins



So I've never read Twilight. I've never seen Twilight. I don't care about Twilight. All I know is that when it comes to vampires, Buffy wins. Always. Every time.

I highly doubt this mashup will convince every Twilight fan (90% tweens, 5% Women of all ages, 5% fat guys living in basements [we know our own]) to go back and watch the entire Buffy series to know what love and angst and vampires are all about. But it should.

Update: So fans are going all Sharks and Jets on this video. They seem ready to rumble. I thought this was a god quote:

Jezebel’s hortense thanks MacIntosh for showing that “Edward Cullen’s creepiness too often gets a pass from those who brush aside his controlling, stalkerish ways as the signs of ‘true love.’” Slate’s Nina Shen Rastogi also commends the effort, noting that Buffy “knows from ridiculously good-looking, brooding vampire honeys. So when she tells you that stalking maketh not a courtship, you should listen to her.”

No comments:

Post a Comment